Sean BrackeenSan Diego, CA | email@example.com
Highly driven and determined Senior System Engineer encompassing over 8 years of work experience delivering complex technical solutions within demanding corporate environments. Consistently positive and friendly professional with the ability to reach or exceed business goals. A motivated & dedicated team player with a commitment to achieving employer objectives & client satisfaction. Proactive, customer focused, and organized with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
Communication Skills | Collaboration | Task Management | Detail Oriented | Solution Oriented | Resourceful Training & Mentorship | Prioritization | Persistent | Dependable | Flexible | Integrity | Resilient | Adaptable VMWare | Windows | AD/ADFS | Azure | Intune | Exchange | AWS | Linux | Security | Storage | SAN/NAS | Virtualization
Robbins Research International – San Diego, CA Sep 2015 – present
Sr. System Engineer (Jul 2020 - present)
- Sr. System Engineer responsible for the migration of two datacenter sites within 14 days, while constantly monitoring and maintaining all network functionality during the migrations. In addition, responsible for handling all contract negotiations and procurement decisions for the new datacenter sites as well as the planning and project management for both migrations.
- Instrumental in establishing SD-WAN point-to-point communication between all migration sites to maintain availability with commodity transit.
- Responsible to architect, design and deploy a petabyte-scale video storage, archive, DR and workflow system for a digital video production studio.
- Responsible for deploying a companywide Microsoft hybrid-cloud SSO system with Azure MFA including a new multi-site network and application monitoring system for the organization.
- Deploy, configure and manage a new backup, archival, and replication system with ransomware resistant components across multiple sites.
- Draft and plan security policies & procedures as well as train employees to ensure compliance.
- Advisor & manager for a Microsoft Intune MDM with Autopilot deployment project.
- Architect and administer private and public cloud infrastructure systems including AWS, VMware and Proxmox.
Technical Environment: VMWare, Windows Server, MS Exchange, AD & ADFS, AzureAD, Intune, AWS Cloud, Linux, Dell / Cisco, Veeam, TrueNAS, Storage Spaces, WireGuard, SharePoint, Zoom
System Engineer, Network & Security (Sep 2015 – Jun 2020)
- Network & Security System Engineer responsible to design and maintain full-scale LAMP stack systems and IIS/ASP stack systems.
- Completed an overhaul to a cutting-edge firewall/IPS for all datacenter and office locations.
- Streamlined hardware procurement for endpoints and servers as well as the deployment of a new helpdesk system.
- Managed and migrated a remote hospitality site in APAC to a state-of-the-art virtualization system, while supporting and advising the IT Support team regarding any issues.
- Migrated both remote and off-site staff members to a state-of-the-art VPN platform for remote working.
- Assisted with a full-scale physical site move which included the planning and buildout of a new corporate datacenter, the maintenance of two distinct networks allowing users to seamlessly work from either location, as well as the migration of existing corporate datacenter systems.
- Assisted in the design, deployment and monitoring of a high-end SAN storage system which included full & secure replication.
- Took over responsibility for a multi-site Windows environment which included AD, Exchange and MS-SQL.
- Assisted with training and coaching of both internal & external Helpdesk staff.
Technical Environment: PFsense Firewall, VMware, VoIP, Windows Server, IIS, MS-SQL, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Cisco / Dell Networking, Ubiquiti, Linux [NGINX, Apache, PHP] Unix, Veritas, ESET Security
X-Tech International / Evans Consulting – Palm Beach, FL Jul 2013 – Sep 2015
Jr. System Engineer & Analyst
- Jr. System Engineer & Analyst responsible to manage, maintain and deploy custom web server and security solutions for diverse portfolio of clients.
- Maintained and managed system security, auditing, and CMS security.
- Responded to and resolved several critical security events as well as planned the prevention of further incidents.
- Responsible for overall Windows Server deployments, migrations, and maintenance.
Technical Environment: Linux, NGINX/Apache, AWS, Rackspace, HyperV, VMware P2V, JIRA/Confluence, SonicWall
KevHosting LLC – Ottawa, CA Mar 2008 – Jul 2013
Technical Customer Support Supervisor / Server Technician
- Customer Support in VoIP systems, web hosting & managed server systems
- Manage customer hosting systems, LAMP, billing, and web hosting management systems.
- ISC(2) CISSP Certification - Member ID 928987 (Feburary 2022 - Present)
- A+, Network+, Security Certifications (2009 – 2012)
- Infrastructure: VMware, Proxmox/KVM, Dell / SuperMicro / HP
- Networking: PFsense/OPNSense, Cisco, Dell Force10, Ubiquiti, Meraki, OpenVPN, WireGuard, IPSec/PPTP, VyOS, 1G/10G,40G/Fiber
- Storage: Dell EMC, Compellent, TrueNAS, iSCSI, Microsoft Storage Spaces, SMB, SharePoint On-Prem/Online
- OS: Windows Server 2012/R2,2019,2022, Linux (Debian/Ubuntu, Red Hat/CentOS), BSD (Free/Open/NetBSD)
- Cloud: AWS (IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, RedShift, S3, CloudFront), GCP
- Database: MariaDB/MySQL, MS-SQL, Postgres, Redis
- Backup: Veeam Backup and Replication, Veeam for Office 365, Veeam for SFDC, Veritas Backup Exec, Duplicity, RSYNC, SFDC Privacy Center
- Security: ESET Endpoint/Server, Kaspersky Endpoint/Server, Symantec, Microsoft ATP, Proofpoint, Barracuda, Snort, ModSecurity
- Authentication: AD/LDAP, AD FS, CAS, SAML, Azure AD/MFA, Duo Security
- Communication: Microsoft Exchange Enterprise 2013/2019, Slack, Zoom, VoIP (SIP, Asterisk, Cisco, Mitel, Broadswitch)
- Monitoring: Nagios, CheckMK, SolarWinds, Zabbix, Splunk, Papertrail